The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Saturday, October 21, 2006

We can't feel those aches and pains, We won't listen to the voices in the city rain

.
October 21, 2006
Saturday

2:00 a.m., I just got back home. I left the house at around 9 p.m. last night, to watch the '90s-formed Canadian Alternative Rock band Sloan, at the Silverado's on Jefferson near McPhillips, about 10-minute-drive away from the house. I rode a taxicab. I went there by myself, chiefly because no one here shares the same passion I have for such kind of music. The venue was packed. I could count with my fingers the Filipinos in the audience; most were Caucasians. The gig was okay. The front act, a Vancouver-based band named The Yoko Casionos delivered catchy music. I bought a copy of their CD. Sloan started at about 10:30 and played a two-hour set. I was disappointed because Sloan didn't play any single song from Smeared (1994), my favorite Sloan album, which contains "I Am the Cancer," "500 Up," "Underwhelmed," and "Lemonzinger." I bought a copy of their latest release, Never Hear the End of It (2006).

...
I planned not to work yesterday, Friday, but the healthcare agency called early in the morning, about 6 a.m., requesting me to go to Tache Centre to work from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30. That left me with no choice. I took a taxicab and got there in abour 30 minutes. I was a bit tired during the shift because my body was conditioned to rest the whole day. Anyway, the thought of earning about 90 dollars for that eight-hour shift was enough to change my lazy mood.

...
Later, I wouldn't be working. I already told the agency that I had to prepare my stuff for my moving out. Yes, I'm finally moving in to the house of my friend Roy--more convenient,more accessible, near to the bus stops and to the places of my works, and most of all, I have my own room. I've long been looonging for privacy--sleep when I needed or wanted to. Just lie around the house when I'm in a lazy mood.

...
Oops, time to sleep.

Last three songs:
"The Golden Calf" - Prefab Sprout
"Amelia" - The Mission U.K.
"Already Yesterday" - The Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home