The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Picture it now, see just how, the light that you see

.
September 24, 2006
Sunday

Yesterday, I called my agency around lunch, to see if they could give an evening shift for me. I was in the mood to work, especially that I missed several days of possible shifts in the previous week, because I was down with cough and cold. Bored of having to be alone at home in the afternoon, I decided to go out and check out the boutiques and shops in Osborne.

I trekked Osborne and checked out some of the clothes shops and book shops there, stores like Hush, Cryptic Wear, and Kustom Kulture. I ended up at a big DVD/CD rent/buy shop, where I found in the used-CD bin 10 noteworthy CDs, for only $10: which include Alison Moyet's Essex, Vanilla Trainwreck's Mordecai, The Dambuilders' Encendador, Dramarama, The Poohsticks, The Connels, and The Smoking Popes' Born to Quit, some of which I used to have in cassette-taper format. I also registered for membership so I can rent DVDs. For my first rent, I took advantage of the 6 DVDs for 7 days for only $10. I rented The Heavenly Kid, Belle Epoche, and FlightPlan among others.

I went home afterwards. I called the healthcare agency and asked for a double shift tomorrow, which is today. I'm compensating for the days I missed in the previous week.

So today, this morning, I worked at the CD 1 and CD2 wings, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and then proceeded to work at AB 1 wing, 3:30 p.m. till 11:45 a.m. Luckily, the routine and procedures are relatively easy; besides, I'm getting more and more confident in what I am doing as a healthcare aide. More so, the coworkers I encounter are always helpful and easy to work with.

My other job, A&W Restaurant, called a while ago, asking me to work tomorrow from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m; so, tomorrow will certainly be another busy day for me.

I'm taking advantage of my sudden adrenaline-filled mood to work these days. I'm in high gear.

Catch you again tomorrow.

...
Lastly, I received a message on Friendster, from Leah Pios, a former staff of mine when I was still a supervisor at Quorum/Lanier in the Philippines, in the late '90s. I was inspired by Leah's message. After all the years, Leah said that my words of wisdom which I used to share with them through my eLf ideas newsletters continue to inspire her. How amazing it feels...to realize that I did really leave an indelible positive mark in the lives of many people with whom I used to work, and this continues to burn an inspiring and humbling compassion and sense of affinity for people in my heart.

...
As always, I am who I was. I may have changed, but hopefully for the better...a stronger eLf--more mature, more understanding, and more accepting of my weaknesses and more acknowledging of rooms of improvement.

...
Song for the day:
The Bluebells - Forever More

1 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Alfie!
    I'm conducting a study on how Pinoy rock influnces the behavior of the youth today. I posted an email at the Pinoy rock yahoogroups, but I guess the moderator hasn't checked it yet. I'm sorry for asking too much but I need the answers ASAP. I lost a copy of your email address, that's why I'm posting the questions here. Hoping for your reply soon!

    1. What influence do Pinoy rock bands have on the Pinoy youth culture?
    2. How does music affect teens’ behavior? Does it dictate on how the youth should live their lives?
    3. Does rock and roll advocate sex, drugs, alcohol and violence?
    4. What are the reasons why people stereotype rock music?
    5. How do the lyrics and videos of rock music control the mood and enhance the emotional states of the youth?
    6. Does censorship by the warning labels on CDs serve their intended purposes?

    You can email your answers at ceex2005@yahoo.com

    Thank you so much for your time!

    -Francesca Gonzales

     

Post a Comment

<< Home