The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Time flies

.
October 1, 2006
Sunday

One week has passed since my last entry. I've been busy with work, and, besides, I'm using Internet only when I get the chance to drop by a public library after work; or when I'm assigned at Riverview Health Centre, where there are Internet-ready PCs available during break time.

Last week was virtually all work for me. For three days, I worked double shifts a day as a healthcare aide; and on the sides, as usual, I'm still working at the A&W Restaurant. Good thing was, I could still manage to allot time for the "Karnabal" recording project of mine, which is nearly finished.

...
Last day, I called Chester Pangan, a Filipino deejay at an FM radio station here in Winnipeg, and asked him if I could drop by the station to give him a copy of the single edit of my first single, "Parang Karnabal," as haLf man haLf eLf. He was the person who hosted the recent Siakol concert, in which my band performed as one of the front acts. I also gave him that night copies of the repackaged, self-produced albums of my erstwhile band Half Life Half Death.

I was amazed to learn from Chester that he has been playing songs by Half Life Half Death on air. Some friends here told me that they heard Half Life Half Death's "High School (Life)" more than once. I am yet to hear the songs myself. Chester told me that he'd included once again some HLHD songs in his playlist for next week.

I will drop by at the station one of these days, as soon as I finished the CD cover for the single.

...
I'm currently here at Riverview Health Centre, working from 3:30 p.m. to 11:45 p.m. I'm just having my second break. Work today is relatively easy. My work as a healthcare aide is becoming easier and easier for me, an obvious sign that I've finally got into the routine of the work; and this is good, because I always go to work with a sense of excitement in what I would be doing. I've no more of the "stage fright," which I remember having during my first days as a healthcare aide. And I guess, my passion for everything I put my mind into is working to my advantage, because the nurses and other coworkers of mine always commend my performance.

Oops, time to go back to work.

Catch you later.

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 02, 2006 1:19:00 AM, Blogger John N. Ponsaran said…

    my condolences, elf.

    kamusta ka na?
    anong bago?

    what's is your major preoccupation now?

    kamusta na?

     
  • At Monday, October 02, 2006 9:54:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Prof!

    How's my sparring partner during those wee hours at Diwa once upon a time?

    I suppose you're, as usual, busy with your teaching career. I'm happy for you, for being the same passionate teacher and person I've known you to be.

    I miss our sessions of "intellectualization."

    As for your friend eLf here, my hands are quite full for the past two months, since Grandfather's demise. Perhaps I'm compensating for the time I spent not working (when I was Grandfather's caregiver.)

    Now, I'm working well at nursing homes, as a healthcare aide. The pay is great, and I'm enjoying the job. This is a sort of my preliminary to my plan to pursue my nursing career. I'm now more confident and comfortable with the job.

    My other job is a crew at an A&W Restaurant. The pay is not that much, but I'm keeping this for the meantime, especially for hours when I've no shift at the nursing homes.

    But, of course, I'm still a practicing editor and writer. I have a regular column at a community newspaper here, and I also get to be given editing assignments once in a while.

    Nice to hear again from you!

    See you soon!

    I plan to visit home late next year; depends on my savings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home