The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Eleventh of a Dozen Verses

March 3, Thursday
*Mired*
My songs have ceased for quite a while,
My light has faded, my milk expired.

My bumblebees have left their hives.
The
Cheshire Cat's disappearing act!

My gift of verses has transpired;
The path is mudded, my brain is mired.


March 4, Friday
*Wry*
My pen
Blots, blots, blots...
Dry!

My ink's
Drained, drained, drained...
Dry!

My fingers
Bleed, bleed, bleed...
Dry!

My throat's
Sore, sore, sore...
Dry!


My voice
Cracks, cracks, cracks...
Dry!

My eyes
Cry, cry, cry...
Dry!

My heart's
Numb, numb, numb...
Why?


My mind's
Gone, gone, gone...
Wry!

March 5, Saturday
*Methought*
—Blank as a sheet of paper.
Begone with water vapor!
:Bland as a baker's blunder.


March 6, Sunday
*Dilemma*
Two bulbs are glowing brightly on the wall.
'Twixt them is a rectangular mirror.
I cannot stare at myself with ardor,
All I can see is my face's pallor.

Two opposing forces dwell in my heart.
'Tween them's my faith and sense of conviction.
I can't discern my path and direction.
Where went my diligence and devotion?

Two lives tear me apart; I'm in shambles—
Of staying here and of returning home;
Of bursting in and of bursting out; of
Silently ímploding, víolently éxploding.

Inbetween moments I perceive myself
To be equally hopeful and witty,

And, at the same time, nonsense and hopeless;
Anticipating, procrastinating.

March 7, Monday
*Dragon*
Like a dragon that's dragging its tail,

It's a shame that I could only wail.
I admit that I virtually failed;
My wisdom has again been derailed.

March 8, Tuesday
*Itím*
Bákit kapág ang isáng táo ay masamâ ang ugalì,
Sinasábing budhi niya áy sing-itím ng puwít ng kawalì?

Bákit kapág ang isáng anák ay suwaíl at galâ,
Siya áy binábansagáng itím o ligáw na túpa?

Ba't 'pag ang táo'y masamâ ang tangkâ,
Sinasábing maitím ang bálak niyá?

Bákit itím ang kúlay ng kasamaán,
Samantálang putî ang sa kabutíhan?

Lahát ba ng madumí ay itím?
Lahát ba ng malínis ay putî?

Lahát ba ng maitím ay madumí?
Lahát ba ng maputî ay malínis?

Ang dilím ba'y láging nakapág-aálinlángan?
Ang liwánag ba ay láging kasiguradúhan?


March 9, Wednesday
*Bugháw*
Ano nga ba talagá?
Akó'y nalílito ná!
Di bá't ang áting búha'y
Sámu't sarì ang kúlay.

Ang pula nga bá ay pagmámahalan?
O símbolo ng áway at digmáan?

Bákit nga ba asúkal-na-pulá,
Eh di namán ito kúlay-pulá?

Pag-íbig nga ba ang pahiwátig ng rósas na pulá?
Pula nga bá ang kúlay ng balát ng itlóg-na-pulá?

Pula bá ang dugóng sa 'yong ugát ay nananaláytay?
Ah bastá, ang áking dugô ay hindi pulá ang kúlay.

Sumásampalataya pa rin akó sa balangháw,
Kaya dugóng dumadáloy sa 'king katawá'y bugháw!

March 10, Thursday
*Zenith*
Ride me to the zenith of pleasure.
The love we share's our greatest treasure.
When lust and love result in fruition;
That's the birth of undying passion.

March 11, Friday
*Trite*

How Time flew fast as a peregrine falcon,
But now it's swimming like a wounded triton.

March 12, Saturday
*Tilt*

The juggler suddenly drops a ball,
When the jester abandoned the hall.

March 13, Sunday
*Hale*

Breathe into my mouth the essence of your soul,
Then shall we suck and inhale eternity.

March 14, Monday
*Ebb*

Bleeding,
,
,
,
crying,,,

s
--i
----n
-----k
------i
-------n
---------g

f
a
l
l
i
n
g

Archive
The First
The Second
The Third
The Fourth
The Fifth
The Sixth
The Seventh
The Eighth
The Ninth
The Tenth

3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:52:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    dude! langhiya ka, kahit na ubos na tinta mo, ang galeng pa rin! i so love your poetry!!!

    and what's this talk of ... MARRIAGE?! you, at long last?!!! whee! you have to tell me more!!

     
  • At Thursday, March 17, 2005 3:56:00 AM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Dear Nix,
    How you inspired me! And reassured my belief in my poetry.

    Ang tutuo nga, halos abandunahin ko na 'yang "dozen verses" na yan na sinimulan ko, pakiramdam ko talaga hindi ko na kaya ituloy...pigang-piga na ang utak ko. Pero, dahil sa komenta mo, napagtanto ko na, basta sulat lang nang sulat, bahala na ang babasa.

    Marriage? Hahaha. Yeah, on my return, wedding bells will clang.

     
  • At Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:58:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Vayie,
    I dunno! Ha-ha-ha. Like what I said to Nix, I've almost given up and abandoned this dozen poetry and other literary musings of mine, but my fingers seem to have a mind of their own...they dabble with my pen even when I'm asleep. Ha-ha-ha. Spooky!

    Seriously, I usually get inspiration from the books that I read and from the heartwarming remarks of friends like you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home