The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Fifth of a Dozen Verses

December 21, Tuesday
*Coryza*
cough
cold

phlegm
fear

itch
ill

dyspnea
disturbed

December 22, Wednesday
*Gift*
The Christmas tree in the living room
Is elegant and impressive
Yet it fails to amuse me
Despite the lure of the gifts lying underneath

Although I know some of those boxes are for me
They just couldn't console me
For the greatest gift I could ever be receiving
Is for the meantime very far from my reach

December 23, Thursday
*Blithe*
Where did my strength go?
Where did my courage go?
Where did my pride go?
Where did assertiveness go?

Where have my voice gone?
Where have my power gone?
Where have my command gone?
Where have blitheness gone?

Oh, someday
May they all return

December 24, Friday
*Hum*
The leafs have been blown
The wick has finally expired
The wind subsided
The trees have been lighted

The snow is yet to come
My heart is at the moment calm
Will the New Year bring a new hum
That can give my heart aplomb?

December 25, Saturday
*Swan*
The gregarious gander has turned into a contented cob
The gentle breeze is hushing to serenity the leafs of my heart

Once a restless spirit
Now an imperturbable soul

The coarse and raspy noise
Is now a soothing voice

December 26, Sunday
*Gloom*
As the jaded year ends
May my misery mend

As the new year looms
May my old dreams bloom

December 27, Monday
*Tsunami*
How events can change a state of mind
How others' fates can uplift one's own faith

How mirrors can reflect who we truly are
How the heart can show what we really want

How others' fall can be a wake-up call
For others, though, it is for whom the bells toll

December 28, Tuesday
*Inflamed*
How you can bring my heart to tumor
How you can send my cheeks to rubor
How you can set my body in color
How the results of all is but dolor

December 29, Wednesday
*Lakbáy*
Pilantík ng mga dalirì ko sa tíklado
Nagíng melódia na ng báwat áraw ng kaléndaryo

Paták ng túbig sa aquário
Dinig na diníg sa kinaúupuan ko

Sa báwat ubó ni Lolo
Damang-damá ang kanyáng kalbáryo

Lamíg sa loób ng báhay
Nanúnuot sa bawat himaymáy

Ipikít ko lang ang mga matá ko
Pára bang lumílipad na 'ko

Kung marúnong lang sána akong mag–biyáheng astrál
Pinuntahán ko na sána ang aking mahál

December 30, Thursday
*Úgoy*
Iduyan mo naman ako paminsan-minsan
Kahit sa panaginip man lamang

Sa aking mga tenga ibulong mo sana
Ang himig ng iyong pagmamahal

Nais na kitang makaisang-dibdib
Sa harap ng anumang dambana

Tulungan mo akong pabilisin ang panahon
Nang ika'y akin nang mahagkan

Subalit sa sandaling tayo'y muli nang magkasama
Sana'y biglang huminto ang inog ng mundo


December 31, Friday
*Alingawngáw*
Éko ng bóses mo sa telépono
Nagíng melódia na ng pusò ko

Sa báwat pagbatì ng mga mahál ko sa búhay
Damang-damá ang kaniláng paghihintáy

Báwat putók ng rebentadór sa Pilipínas ngayóng Paskó
Dinig na diníg sa kinaróroonan ko

Ínit ng báwat salitâ
Nagpápalinaw ng áking gunitâ

Ipikít ko lang ang aking mga matá
Pára bang ako ay yakàp-yakàp mo na

Kung maaári nga lang sána
Bukàs na bukàs rin akó ay uuwi ná


January 1, 2005
*Pamana*
Mga sugat ng kasaysayan
ay hinihilom ng panahon

Kaagapay ng pagsusunug-kilay
ay ibayong pag-unawa

Hindi lahat ng natututunan
ay kinakailangang paniwalaan

Subalit mga kaalamang di mapaniwalaan
ay di nararapat ipagsawalang-bahala

Gamitin ang napili
ang di nagustuhan ay itabi muna

Mga aklat at panulat
ay aking kayamanan

Pamana, pabaon, alaala
pagsapit ng kamatayan

Ngunit higit kaysa "nung unang panahon" at "balang araw"
ay ang pangkasalukuyan kinasasadlakan

Puso kong mapagmahal pihika't
ay nakatagpo na rin ng katapat

Sa pagpasok ng Bagong Taon
muli na naman akong mangangarap

Anting-anting ko't agimat
ay pag-ibig at pag-asa


3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 02, 2005 5:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hon, 2005 na!!! sabi ko sa'yo mabilis lang mga araw eh....dont be sad na....lapit na yan, k?

    coryza - eeeww
    gift - hmm
    blithe - you're the same eLf ive always known and loved. you need this phase to clear up the muddy springs of your mind...then...bliss.
    hum - 2005 may bring new challenges, but this time, il be here to hold your hand and keep you sane.
    swan - thank God! hehe! love you!!!
    gloom - whatever happens, il be here for you.
    tsunami - yeah. i knw what u mean.
    inflamed - if u only know how you make me feel.
    lakbay - hehe i remember what u told me re astral travel :p
    ugoy - di lang paminsan-minsan, hon.
    alingawngaw - salamat sa mga tawag, aLf. kasama ka namin dito everyday, di lang kung may mga okasyon.
    pamana - buti naman dinugtungan mo ito...kundi palo ka. :p

    missing you,
    -c.

     
  • At Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:49:00 AM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    My Everdearest Charlotte,
    Your chain of words is a string of melodies in my heart.

     
  • At Saturday, August 09, 2008 12:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hello!

    my name is lovella mella (love_mella@yahoo.com) ...same name with your sister...

    my father is jesus sanico mella from polangui albay.

    i am from pasig city philippines.

    I'm wondering if magkamag-anak tayo...

    sabi kasi ni daddy, all mella's are related...

    i enjoyed reading your articles...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home