The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Slurp life before it melts

.. .
February 2, 2006
Thursday

Another boring day, I peeked out the window; the snow has fallen again, making the neighborhood a perfect place, once again, to reshoot the Star Wars Hoth scene.

I just thought of making a CD sleeve for the compilation of Popsicle songs that I will be sending to Kristoffer, an acquaintance in the Philippines. Popsicle was a Swedish band whose career catapulted in the '90s, especially beloved by music enthusiasts who have the ear for bittersweet melodies.

After checking my e-mails and posting this useless entry, I will be heading back to the room to get back to my homestudy, listen to music, and perhaps take a noon nap. I always lack proper sleep at night because Grandfather is usually awake during the wee hours; and this prevents me from having a sound and normal sleep. (As if there's such a thing as normalcy these days!)

Later in the afternoon, we might go to the mall to check out and buy a flat LCD monitor for my own CPU, as well as a wireless router and a computer table. As of now, I am using my cousins' computer. Tito Ren suggested that I buy the necessary accessories so that I can have my own workspace in the room. Yes! What I've been waiting for! It's long overdue. Anyway, Grandfather will be the one to shoulder the expenses. Well, he should! I'm the one who's shouldering him. Besides, if The Filipino Journal opportunity pushes through, I would indeed be needing a workstation of my own.

Last night, after Corpse Bride, I watched The Joy Luck Club. My second time to watch this film; the last time I saw it was two weeks ago, when I was in Ontario. I highly recommend it or, better yet, the book. The Joy Luck Club is a novel written by Amy Tan.

1 Comments:

  • At Friday, February 03, 2006 12:07:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Oh, don't imagine much. It's just a small computer table in a little corner in the room where Grandfather and I stay. Much better that than the one I'm presently using...my cousins' PC in the living room. I work better when I'm by myself, in a silent corner.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home