The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Life Without Melodies Is

.
For me, a day without melodies is like a day gone by without memories.

1. "The Trees" by Pulp
2. "Mina Loy" by Billy Corgan
3. "My Paper Heart" by The All-American Rejects
4. "Love Moves in Strange Ways" by Blue Zoo
5. "Welcome Now" by Eyeless in Gaza
6. "Desire" by Introvoys
7. "Imagining Oktober" by Identity Crisis
8. "Care about You" by Modern English
9. "Ultimate Solution" by Lulu Kiss Me Dead
10. "Bikini Red" by The Screaming Blue Messiahs
11. "If All Sleep Tonight" by Half Life Half Death
12. "How Beautiful You Are" by The Cure
13. "Punish Me with Kisses" by The Glove
14. "Krafty" by New Order
15. "Generation of Loneliness" by Rupert Everett
16. "Kiss Me Deadly" by Generation X
17. "Shhh" by Frou Frou
18. "Eighties Fan" by Camera Obscura
19. "And You Tell Me" by a-ha
20. "Love like Blood" by The Killing Joke
21. "I Want to Be a Cowboy" by The Vandals
22. "Get the Time" by The Descendents

23. "Question!" by System of a Down
24. "MTV (Get Off the Air)" by Dead Kennedys
25. "Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles
26. "Pretty, Pretty Star" by Billy Corgan
27. "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" by Belle & Sebastian
28. "Dyslexic Heart" by Paul Westerberg
29. "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You" by The Lemonheads
30. "Black Gold" by Soul Asylum

31. "I Love You" by Saigon Kick
32. "All that I Bleed" by Savatage
33. "Silent Lucidity" by Queensrÿche
34. "The Spirit of Radio" by Rush
35. "The Logical Song" by Supertramp
36. "Always with Me, Always with You" by Joe Satriani

2 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you must really like pulp (i released em in the 90s). kinda underrated...
    Rommie

     
  • At Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:49:00 AM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Rommie,
    Certainly, how I love Pulp, especially Jarvis Cocker. We used to cover "Babies" and "Disco 2000." Know what I just discovered about Pulp when I bought the album 'His n' Hers' mainly because I surmised it's New Wave, basing on the looks of the band members; and I was luckily correct.

    So, thanks to you! for releasing it.

    Yup, Pulp is underrated, perhaps overshadowed by Blur and Oasis, even Suede.

    I'll never forget this...
    1996, we had a gig at Chatterbox...I saw Ely watching us. After our set, he approached me and said that I looked like Jarvis especially with my stage antics while singing "Babies."

    Oh well, memories.

    By the way, thanks for the Jackson Browne song. Prior to hearing the song, I already loved the lyric. Poetry indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home