The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Return of the Pan

.
It's January 1, 2012! The advent of yet another new year. As far as my life is concerned, it had so many ups--and fortunately, no alarming downs.

I am an atheist--therefore, every time I need to express my gratefulness and happiness for all the good things that have come and continue to come my way, I attribute this to common sense, logic, reason, and good and hard work; add to these, support and assistance from other people--from loved ones, friends, and even acquaintances--and not to that unseen being many people call the God.

As of the moment, I had not been excited about Christmas nor the New Year--simply because my regard for these cultural and social events is being overshadowed by my excitement for my forthcoming return to my original home country, the Philippines, on January 15, 2012. And I will be coming home with my family--Charina, Marina, Jannica, Gabby, and Evawwen--and Christine Mazur, the violin/cello player in my band here in Canada, haLf man haLf eLf.

My former band in the Philippines, Half Life Half Death, is slated to perform a reunion concert on February 3, 2012, at Club Phi at Metrowalk, in Pasig City. The show is being produced by Requiem Rising and Lilystar Records. Requiem Rising is the same outfit that staged the reunion concert of Identity Crisis last September. Identity Crisis is one of the pioneering bands in the Philippine New Wave scene--active especially in the period 1986-1989 Lilystar Records is the independent music label owned by Clementine Castro, the bandleader of the Indie Pop band The Camerawalls--one of the featuring bands at our reunion concert entitled "The Evolution of NewWave"; the other supporting acts being The Gentle Isolation and Your Imaginary Friends. The concert party will feature not only the said New Wave bands but also DJs from the NewWave mobile Mode Zero as well as participation from the WXB102 family.

There is so much to talk about this forthcoming return of mine to the Philippines--so many activities lined up, so many important people to meet, so many stories to weave once again.

Above all, I'm excited to see my parents and sisters and their children, especially that this will be my first time to see them--see the Philippines--after I left for Canada in August 2003. That was 8 years and 5 months! Almost a decade.

It's been a while since I wrote regularly on this blogspot of mine. I now decide to write again regularly--every day if I can--especially to document my adventures in the Philippines which will start in two weeks.

"My mind is a cup;
Knowledge is soup;
With spoons I'm sharing what I learn."

--The Haiku of Never Ending Learning"--aLfie vera mella

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home