The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, July 04, 2005

Songs for Brooding

.
The playlist I was listening to on my last days (August 2003) in the Philippines; I listen to it every time I'm in the mood to brood about home.

1. Pet Shop Boys - "Home and Dry"
2. Eggstone - "Wrong Heaven"
3. 1 000 Violins - "Like One Thousand Violins"
4. The Lover Speaks - "Never to Forget You"
5. Flesh for Lulu - "Time and Space"
6. The Comsat Angels - "You Moved Me (One Good Reason)"
7. The Cure - "Round and Round and Round"
8. The FIXX - "Secret Separation"
9. Counting Crows - "Rain King"
10. Shona Laing - "Soviet Snow"
11. New Order - "Temptation"
12. Shelleyan Orphan - "Burst"
13. Toad the Wet Sprocket - "All I Want"
14. a-ha - "Living a Boy's Adventure Tale"
15. The Essence - "Afterworld"
16. Arkarna - "So Little Time"
17. The Ataris - "I Remember You" [original by Skid Row]
18. Aztec Camera - "The Crying Scene"
19. Belle & Sebastian - "I'm a Cuckoo"
20. Beulah - "If We Can Land a Man on the Moon Surely I Can Win Your Heart"
21. Long Fin Killie - "The Heads of Dead Surfers"
22. The Lotus Eaters - "Can Your Kisses Fly?"
23. Love Spit Love - "Am I Wrong?"
24. Psychedelic Furs - "Angels Don't Cry"
25. Cactus World News - "Years Later"
26. James - "Ya Ho"
27. Desert Wolves - "Mexico"
28. Wheatus - "A Little Respect" [original by Erasure]
29. Eyeless in Gaza- "Welcome Now"
30. Zwan - "Honestly"
31. Vermont Sugar House - "Braveheart"
32. The Smashing Pumpkins - "1979"
33. Spent Poets - "My Useless Heart"
34. Coldplay - "In My Place"
35. Travis- "Why Does It Always Rain on Me?"
36. Inspiral Carpets - "This Is How It Feels"
37. Dillon Fence - "Hey, Mockingbird"
38. The Trash Can Sinatras - "It's a Miracle"
39. Electronic - "For You"
40. Buffalo Tom - "Dry Land"
41. Guadalcanal Diary - "Always Saturday"
42. Placebo - "Big Mouth Strikes Again" [original by The Smiths]
43. The Wallflowers UK -"Blushing Girl, Nervous Smile"
44. The Wake - "Plastic Flowers"
45. The Wild Swans - "Immaculate"
46. Care - "Love Crowns and Crucifies"
47. Duran Duran - "Someone Else Not Me"
48. Tears for Fears - "Woman in Chains"
49. Spandau Ballet - "Through the Barricades"
50. Depeche Mode - "See You"

My mind then begins to float in a seeming trance, languishing in vivid memories of my last days with my loved ones in my belovèd homeland.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home