The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Moving forward, using all my breath

.
June 6, 2006
Tuesday

Today is a very blessed day for me. And I'm sharing my joy to my family and all my friends. My auntie in British Columbia called to inform me that my open-work permit has finally arrived. This means that I'm eligible now to work in any job. I'm no longer limited to being a caregiver. However, my permanent-resident application is still pending, until my medical is finally cleared. What's more important is that I can now start applying for jobs. I have so many plans but before I get overwhelmed by these, I should keep my focus and take little steps one at a time.

I should now make copies of my resume and start inquiring about enrolling for a refresher's course in Nursing. Yes, I plan to work and study at the same time.

My stint as a contributor to The Filipino Journal stays.

...
Early morning I went to the house of Emong Payaso, and we continued our "Karnabal" recording project.

...
After feeding Grandfather his lunch, I went to Northgate Shopping Centre--a bus away from the hospital--and checked out the movies showing. I watched She's the Man. Nice movie. Since it's a Tuesday afternoon and the theater was not popular, no much people were there. In fact, I was literally the only one inside the moviehouse. Yeah, I was! But it didn't surprise me anymore, for it was already my second time to watch a movie alone--alone, as in I was the only soul in the dark.

...
At my age, I'm still experiencing many "firsts." This is indeed the price of having to begin a new life in another country. This, however, keeps me alert and enthusiastic about anticipated and unexpected things, but of course it also has its drawbacks--which is, I should always be ready for inevitable disappointments. Life is indeed full of surprises. We will never know all the time. All we can really do is plan, prioritize, and process...and pray for favorable results.

11 Comments:

  • At Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Jennie said…

    Excellent news! Hopefully this is the start of a lot of good things for you. You truly deserve it :)

     
  • At Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hon, thanks for the call...sorry for the um..ok..yea..ahh..ok..um.. hahaha! 2am na kasi anoh! was so shhleeepy and tired and beat.

    btw, pls help me look for store managers.


    WE REQUIRE STORE MANAGERS FOR A 24-HOUR CAFE/DINER IN DARWIN, NT AUSTRALIA.


    1 x Senior Manager

    Must have at least 5 year experience with major company

    Possess great human resource and communication skills

    Love the service industry

    Fluent in English

    Highly organised and punctual

    Flexible with working hours

    Base Salary is A$55,000.00 plus bonus and holiday



    2 x Assistant Manager

    Must have at least 3-year experience with major company

    Possess good communication skills

    Love the service industry

    Fluent in English

    Highly organised and punctual

    Flexible with working hours

    Base Salary is A$38,000.00 plus bonus and holiday

    THE EMPLOYER WILL CONDUCT INTERVIEWS ON 16 JUNE 2006.

    SEND RESUMES TO: myriad@pldtdsl.net or c_belialba@yahoo.com

     
  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey alF! congrats! next news mo meron ka ng job :) this means mas madaming mabibiling comic books heehee. good luck my friend!

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy for you my friend! I hope later in life you will also have a chance to come over to the US and play music to your heart's content...

    Charmie

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yahoo! glad to hear this latest development alfie. Extremely happy for you, you more than deserve it, and looking forward to hearing more great news. - joel

     
  • At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 4:55:00 AM, Blogger pee said…

    Yay! Congrats. Ayan simula na ng buhay! :)

    Sa tingin ko lahat ng tao, kahit aged 70 pa, ay dapat makaranas pa rin ng "firsts" para patuloy na maging masaya at wondrous ang existence natin sa mundo.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:30:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Shei,

    Kakatuwa naman. Ngayon lang ako nag-reply sa post mo na eto. Sabi mo rito, next time e may job na ako. Then, eto na nga, meron na at dalawa pa.

    Salamat sa mga best wishes n'yong mga friends ko.

    I believe that wishes, especially from good friends, are good omen.

    Regards rin sa Singapore.

    Yup, may pambili na ako ng comics, books, and toys. hehehe.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:32:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Charmie,
    Thank you very much for your kind words.

    Yeah, when I have the chance to go there, we''ll certainly meet each other and play music.

    How're your gigs?

    I have one coming this August 26. My band will be openong for Siakol, on their stop here in Winnipeg, for their Canadian tour.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:34:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Jennie,
    Yeah, I'm very grateful for the blessings that continue to make me move on positively.

    Sarap ng feeling ng may trabaho uli. I feel so useful, not only to myself but also to others who are benefitted by my services here.

    I'm also actively involving myself in Filipino community activities. I got to befriend some key persons in the Philippine-Canadian Centre of Manitoba.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:36:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Sir Joel,

    Thanks as always for your kind and jolly words.

    ' been dropping by your blog site too. Keep it up!

    You'll always be a Frodo yourself.

     
  • At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:37:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Pinky,
    You're right! Everyone should always look forward to experiencing new things in life. This way, we continue living happily and excitedly.

    Best wishes to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home