The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Poet to His Father


Photo: I and Daddy, on August 10, 2003, during my déspedida at our home in San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines Posted by Hello

A Poet to His Father

I tried so hard to understand
Why did it have to be us?

Your gift that year was a broken home
Gone in our lives then you were suddenly

I remember the tales you used to tell
There in my crib I would listen so well

An ode of forgiveness now gently plays
From me and them and her to you

Out of sadness and gloom into brightness and heaven
For so many years, for your return I'd yearned

Wounds, healed; scars, gone; a fresh new start
An unbroken chord on the guitar is set to be strummed
A brighter chapter in our lives has long begun
Pains and tears are now once upon...

— Written sometime in 1988
Rehashed on Thursday, January 20, 2005; Surrey, British Columbia
While listening to "Evade the Pain" by Budapest
(Too Blind to Hear; 2002, Easy Street)

2 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 21, 2005 2:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi elf,
    nakakaaliw basahin ang site mo, super akong natotouch, tsaka nga pla magkamukha pla kyo ng dad mo :> Tessa

     
  • At Friday, January 21, 2005 3:04:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Dear Tessa,
    Friends like you are part of the reason I'm always inspired in inditing my thoughts and feelings. Thank you.

    Yeah, many remark that my father and I look similar. Nung kabataan ng daddy ko, kamukha raw siya ni George Estregan; ayun nga lang, dala ng kahirapan at problema sa buhay, naging Georgie Quizon na. (Hahaha. Daddy, joke lang! hehe.) Kaya di na rin ako nagtataka kapag may nagsasabi sa akin dati na kahawig ko raw si Gary Estrada or Jeffrey Quizon. Hahaha! May connection naman pala eh. Haha.

    eLf (just trying to be funny, lagi na kasing nakakaiyak mga sinusulat ko eh. Huhuhu.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home