The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, December 27, 2004

A Poet's Declaration of Love


Charlotte: The most potent source of my courage,
hope, strength, and inspiration Posted by Hello

A Poet to His Future Wife

If you met me in my youth
In the days I was wilder and freer
Could you have loved me still?

If you met me in my youth
When my heart was restless and untrue
Could you have persevered and stayed?

The mental picture of you which I've always painted
Soft-haired, flowers on your head
Starry smiles beneath idyllic eyes
Lovely lips, supple skin
Would you have loved me then
Like you love me now?

The scent of my Summer siestas
There on the magical swing
Beside the generous apple tree
In the backyard lawn
Of Cousin Mike and his family's home

Moments spent yearning for my own lao jia
Could you have been dreaming and hoping
In the same moments for someone like me?
Could I have been the portrait of your love
Even if I had not arrived?

– 10:58 a.m., Monday, June 14, 2004
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
While listening to "When I See You Smile" by
Bic Runga (Beautiful Collision; 2002, Columbia)



A Poet to His Firstborn

Finally I found the lady
Who would be your mother and fairy

Lucky you for
She is all whom I could ever wish for

Your mother and I
Have been friends way before
We began to love each other

Or should I say,
In our hearts we have been loving each other
Long before we decided to be together

You may have come late in your parents' lives
But that's the very reason you are special
Not only to us but also to all the people
Who care about us

I promise you that
Whatever happens
We will give you everything
You will ever need

I'm sure too
That your mother will love you
As much as she loves me and as I love you

Just promise me two things:
As you grow up
Love to learn, read, and write—
For this is the key to
Understanding the world and
Accepting thy neighbors for what and who they are

And most importantly
Love and respect your mother
As much as I respect and love her

- 12:55 p.m., October 27, 2004, Wednesday
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
While listening to "Do They Know It's Christmas?" by
Band Aid (Christmas single, December 1984)

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohmygosh! you posted my macho pic hahaha!

    hon, thank you for your words of hope and love. mejo ok na si mama...inuwi na sa cavite kanina early morn. dun muna sya kina leng2 mag-stay.

    haaay the 4 long days/nights i spent in mkt med left me emotionally drained and ultra broke...good thing you're there...you make me feel so loved and cared for. thanks.

    *hugs tightly*

    -c.

     
  • At Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:54:00 PM, Blogger eLf ideas said…

    Hon,
    Even if, for the meantime, only with words...I will.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home