The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

This Will Be My Official Online Journal

Finally, I found the spark to create my official online journal. Several friends have been long prodding me to make one, especially that they knew how fond I am of sharing my thoughts and ideas to as many people as possible.

Before anything else, I would like to express my gratitude and tribute to such people who keep on reminding me about creating a blog of my own:

From Noreen Capili, a former fellow magazine editor at Diwa Scholastic Press Inc., in Philippines:
"ei, do you have a blog? dapat naka-blog ka na rin para alam ng mga friends mo dito ano nangyayari sa iyo dyan. if you have time, visit my blog at http://noringai.blog-city.com."

From Derrick Periodico, my first ever best friend in school; our friendship stretches back to 1978, when we were classmates in the second grade at St. Mary's Academy in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines:
"hi halfie!------i still have our photos from way back, i'll look forthem and scan it for you. maganda na ding ma-digitizemga yun medyo naluluma na din.sige na… update me if yoy have a blog or mas magandaif you joined phlog.net para phto journal na din.bye for now." /dek (http://www.phlog.net/user/animal)

And finally, Andrea Duerme, a fellow writer whom I'm glad I met before I finally left Philippines for Canada, in August of 2003--who continues to inspire me and help me keep the flames of my literary hearth burning:
Hello! :)I just thought I'd share something with you that I thought may be of help, since you once told me that being away from home sometimes causes loneliness to knock on your door. Your friend, Andrea (http://boonch.blogspot.com/)

SO now what? This blog of mine I will, of course, be calling 'eLf ideas.' It will serve, among other things, as
1) my online diary
2) an archive of my poetry I want to share
3) a folder of articles I regularly write--on various subjects of my interest
4) a record of my emotions
5) a personal log of views, commentaries, and other slips-of-the-tongue, spits-of-the-mouth, and whispers-of-the-lips

Moreover, I intend this blog to be my family and friends' way of knowing how I am and feel, especially that from all of them I am currently so many miles away...

aLfie


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home