The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Chef aLf Cooks Again


Chicken-in-sour-soup and fried mooneyes Posted by Hello

Thursday, June 2, 2005
Dinnertime approaching, I saw the defrosted chicken meat on the kitchen sink. I asked Tito Ren what to do with it. He asked me if I knew how to cook sinigang. I said yes; that's one specialty I somehow learned to perfect while Grandfather and I were still living at cousin Mike's home, where sinigang na baboy was a favorite. However, just today, I learned from Tito Ren another way of doing it, in which the meat is sautéed along with the tamarind mix before adding water to boil.

Ingredients
chiken meat
onion
garlic
tomato
tamarind soup mix
jalapeño
romaine
fish sauce

Steps
1. Sauté the chicken with the minced garlic, onion, and tomato.
2. Leave it until brown. Add the tamarind mix.
3. Add water. Let it boil. Add fish sauce to taste.
4. Add the jalapeño.
5. Add the romaine.

There! Another Filipino dish courtesy of chef aLf.

Nine in the evening, dinnertime!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home