The Return of eLf ideas

ideas of an eLven being in Canada

Monday, March 14, 2005

I and Cousin Heinjie, 1987


Photo taken in mid-1987, at Batu-Bato Hot-Spring Resort in Pansol, Calamba, Laguna, Philippines: I and my cousin Heinjie with the Greek moon goddess Artemis. Posted by Hello

Sometime in mid-1987, Grandfather and Grandmother with Tito Gerry and cousins Mike and Heinjie, who immigrated to Manitoba, Canada, in the mid-70s, visited the Philippines. It was the first time I saw Tito Gerry, Mike, and Heinjie since their immigration. It was also during that time when Tito Bobby (also vacationing, from California, USA) and Tita Hedy got married.

I was in bermuda shorts (a cool fashion craze in the 80s) and my The Smiths Meat Is Murder t-shirt—one of my all-time favorite New Wave bands.

I remember Grandmother, seeing the word murder on that Smiths t-shirt, reacting quite negatively and prodding me not to wear the shirt again. However, after slowly and patiently explaining to her that "Meat is murder" was simply a battlecry of vegetarians against animal slaughter, Grandmother was able finally to utter a sigh of relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home